We're at it again. This time we're adding a home brew competition with the winning recipe to be brewed on the big system and served at the brewery. It will be a fun-filled day with music and all kinds of fun stuff going on.
Chili Cook-Off Rules:
- Contestant must produce at least 10 quarts of Chili
- Ingredients may be pre-marinated, chopped, brined, etc but must be brought to the brewery, assembled and cooked onsite
- Cooked/completed chilis will not be accepted for competition
- The brewery will provide 1 or 2 growlers of F796 Breastie Porter to be used in the Chili. You can incorporate as much or as little into your recipe as desired.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of 5 judges. Trophies to be awarded are Gold, Silver, Bronze and People's Choice Award.
- Brewery will supply taster cups to give tastes to guests
Setup will be at 9:00am in the back of Midnight Jack Brewing Co. Entrants must have their own equipment and canopy. Cooking will begin promptly at 10am.
Judging will begin at 3:00pm and will conclude at 4:00pm
I want to participate Sign Me UP!
Chili Cook-Off Sign Up
- Judging will be based based on blind taste-testing.
- Entries are open to all competitors - members and non-members of the NCHB Association
- Winner have their recipe scaled up on the large system and brewed by Midnight Jack Brewing Co. Winner can participate in the brewing process
- A release party will be held to release the winning beer on tap - Date TBD
I want to participate Sign Me Up!
Home Brew Competition Sign Up