Punk Rock Food Drive
We're at it again. This time we're adding a home brew competition with the winning recipe to be brewed on the big system and served at the brewery. It will be a fun-filled day with music and all kinds of fun stuff going on.
Chili Cook-Off Rules:
- Contestant must produce at least 10 quarts of Chili
- Ingredients may be pre-marinated, chopped, brined, etc but must be brought to the brewery, assembled and cooked onsite
- Cooked/completed chilis will not be accepted for competition
- The brewery will provide 1 or 2 growlers of F796 Breastie Porter to be used in the Chili. You can incorporate as much or as little into your recipe as desired.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of 5 judges. Trophies to be awarded are Gold, Silver, Bronze and People's Choice Award.
- Brewery will supply taster cups to give tastes to guests
Setup will be at 9:00am in the back of Midnight Jack Brewing Co. Entrants must have their own equipment and canopy. Cooking will begin promptly at 10am.
Judging will begin at 3:00pm and will conclude at 4:00pm
I want to participate Sign Me UP!
Chili Cook-Off Sign Up
- Judging will be based based on blind taste-testing.
- Entries are open to all competitors - members and non-members of the NCHB Association
- Winner have their recipe scaled up on the large system and brewed by Midnight Jack Brewing Co. Winner can participate in the brewing process
- A release party will be held to release the winning beer on tap - Date TBD
I want to participate Sign Me Up!
Home Brew Competition Sign Up
Lisa Standley. Known as 'Race Car Lisa' to all that love her, was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer. Lisa has always been a fearless trailblazer, becoming one of the first female drag racers in SoCal. Lisa has graced the tracks at Carlsbad, Barona, Palmdale and Las Vegas. She is also one of the first female homebrewers in the area as well as a founding member of Oceanside's Beer Bitches, Inc. - An all-female north county homebrewers club. Lisa has always grabbed life by the balls - let's help her say F/U Cancer. Donate Today.
Guests to this event will enjoy specialty, small-batch beers made especially for the event including F796 Breastie Porter. Our very favorite M&M, Tacos Ensenada Style will be here dishing up Ensenada-style street tacos. Browse through some our favorite street vendors for the newest fashions and crafts. Enjoy a selection from our bake sale and buy some raffles for some great prizes all while enjoying some of Oside's best local musicians.
* Black Pearl Reggae.
Proceeds from the admission tickets, raffles and bake sale will go directly to Lisa's treatment fund. Midnight Jack will be donating 20% of the proceeds from the F796 Breastie Porter and there will be limited edition 16oz cans and 22oz bombers available for pre-sale and on the day of the event.
On site the very same day is a custom car show that will be starting at 5:00pm till 10:00pm.
This is going to be a B-I-G Day at Midnight Jack - Come out and support the cause. Advance donation tickets are on Sale today. We will be adding a bundle ticket that will include a limited edition T-Shirt so log on and donate to get yours.
The Echo Room presents The Widows and Sempra Sol Friday Sept 14th at 8:30pm
The Widows have graced the stages of San Diego's iconic venues the Soda Bar, The Casbah, The Merrow and The Observatory. For the first time in North County - The Widows.
Sempra Sol opens the evening at 8:30pm - an Indie band hailing from Chula Vista appearing for the first time in North County.
$5 cover includes $1 off ticket for beer purchase